When and where should I see them?

Depending on how sick your child is, the first doctor should be your General Practitioner. If your child is really unwell then you should go immediately to the emergency department of your local hospital or the Children’s Hospital at Westmead or Randwick. In an emergency you can call an ambulance to take your child to hospital.

If the problem is not acute (non-urgent) then you can take your child to see the Paediatrician in private consulting rooms or in the hospital out-patient clinics.