B.App.Sc (Speech Pathology) MSPAA, CPSP
Speech Pathologist and Feeding Specialist
Melissa has over 19 years of clinical and specialised experience working with neonates and infants in the assessment and management of feeding difficulties. She has worked in the Special Care Nursery, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Paediatric Dentistry Department at Westmead Hospital as well as in Private Practice. Melissa’s specialities are: feeding difficulties related to craniofacial anomalies, cleft lip and / or palate, prematurity, complex medical conditions in the newborn and tongue tie.
She has extensive clinical experience working with infants who have breast and bottle feeding difficulties, gastroesophageal reflux, difficulties transitioning to solid foods and transitioning infants from tube to oral feeding. Melissa has become an expert in the field of tongue tie with over 15 years of experience in the tongue tie clinic at Westmead Hospital.
She has experience assessing infants and children with Oral Motor Functional disorders and saliva control issues and was awarded the Churchill Scholarship in 2004.
Melissa has a certificate of accreditation in the Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Feeding Program.
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Speech Pathology (USyd, Cumberland Campus).
- CPSP – Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist.
- Certificate of Accreditation in the Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding.
- MSPAA – Speech Pathology Australia Association.
- Senior Speech Pathologist at Westmead Hospital (NICU / SCN).
- Accredited Practitioner in the field of Speech Pathology at Westmead Private Hospital.